You & Archie, Inc
Freelance payroll built for small business.
Archie is putting the freelance economy to work for small business with a modern payroll solution. Archie is the simplest way to onboard, manage, and pay freelancers with flexible payment terms. With Archie small businesses save valuable time, frustration, and costly errors. That’s because our payments platform streamlines and automates every step of the 1099 process — from instant onboarding and one-click payments to set-it-and-forget-it tax filings — with unmatched ease, flexibility, and security.
Our payroll platform eliminates resource-draining (and headache-inducing) manual processes that put small businesses at risk. With features like transparent invoice tracking and Net-1 payments, Archie is the preferred payments platform for top freelancer talent, too.
Small businesses and freelancers never had to work less to get more done.
👋 Hi, I am Yunas
I'm the CEO & Co-Founder of Archie. I am originally from Puerto Rico and previously worked at Facebook and Instagram's Commerce & Payments product team as well as Square's strategy & ops team. I am obsessed with mezcal, dim sum, and Monocle magazine (sometimes together).
💪 Join us as our first Sales Lead
The Sales Lead at Archie is a hunter, negotiator & strategic closer with a track record of working towards problem market fit within a large and growing market. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to lay the foundation of our revenue org, be the face of our brand, the engine of rapid growth, and an essential part of the product development. You will work with the team to define the sales strategy that fuels the Archie spaceship. We have incredible adoption metrics from our early clients (grown over 800%+ since July), and strong results from clients implementing it!
✍️ You will
- Generate strategies to generate leads, manage the pipeline, activate revenue driving partnerships and close opportunities to meet company goals as the first sales hire
- Own revenue for Archie by building the entire sales cycle process from zero to one
- Uncover customer needs and pain points to shape the product roadmap and refine the pitch
- Collaborate with Finance & CEO to develop revenue forecasts and own reporting
- Work closely with Marketing to identify sales/marketing tech stack (e.g. ABM, Hubspot, etc.)
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams to incorporate customer feedback and market dynamics (e.g. segments, competitors, deal trends, etc.)
- Experience building a hybrid go to market motion is a plus
📝 What we want to see
- 6+ years of experience in a B2B sales/bizdev and direct management experience (First sales hire at a startup or entrepreneurial experience is a major plus)
- Proven track record and history of success as an individual contributor within a B2B SaaS sales organization
- Experience building sales process from scratch and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Foundational knowledge of SaaS and Fintech business sales models strongly preferred
- Strong experience working with best-in-class sales tools (eg Hubspot, enablement)
🏖️ Compensation & Benefits
- We want you to feel like an owner of Archie, and that will be reflected in your salary and equity
- The best equipment you need to work
- Flexible vacation and work hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Great colleagues: we value a culture of authenticity, humility, and excellence
- Surprise Gift Pack 👻👻👻
🎯 How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Please send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Please include which song best represents you!