Who you are
You are a passionate and empathetic individual. A builder at heart that likes to solve unique challenges in a fast-paced environment. You approach features with a high levels of ownership, initiative, and collaboration. And most importantly, you care about who you’re building features with and for, not just what you are building.
What you’ll be doing
You will be building and contributing to new features, scoping & planning, code reviews, and working with the product team to drive product development forward. As a full stack developer, you will have a say in the architecture, introduce new ways of thinking about either stack, and own features end to end.
The backend is built on Typescript with GraphQL and Postgresql. Our stack uses TypeORM to communicate with our Database. The stack is hosted on AWS, we use Fargate, ECS, and RDS.
The frontend is built on Typescript with Nextjs, Chakra UI for styles, react-hook-form, yup for validations, and cypress for end-to-end testing. You will be working with the product designer to translate designs into code.
Additionally, you will:
- Build performant, scalable, and responsive user interfaces that power Archie's innovative products
- Contribute to Archie's financial tools web-app platform (Invoice Lifecycle, Campaign Management, Responsive Dashboards, Accounting & Reporting) and/or user interfaces for third-party applications/external-facing APIs
- Help establish and influence engineering processes, tools, and systems that will allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team.
- Build lean and performant APIs
- Design and implement database migrations
Things we want to see
- 5+ years building web applications
- Writing applications in NodeJS with Typescript
- Using Server-side rendering via NextJs/GatsbyJS
- Building React based user interfaces with role-based Authentication & Authorization strategies
- Working with Relational Databases (PostgresSQL)
- Building scalable backend APIs
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs to zaugment features
- Bonus points
- Experience using graphQL APIs
- Writing integrations with FinTech payment gateways
- Using TypeScript or Chakra UI for building frontend interfaces
- Building production-ready applications using React-Native
- Working with Redis, ElasticSearch, or graphQL
Archie is a startup that is focused on improving the lives of freelance workers and vendors by eliminating administrative overhead and allowing them to focus on what they do best. These people + businesses can easily spend >30% of their time dealing with administrative businesses, reducing the amount of time they can spend doing what they love.
We’re a small team that operates with high levels of trust, initiative, and collaboration. We hire people that we believe in and give them the tools + opportunity to succeed and grow with us.
🎯 How to Apply
To apply, email the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Fullstack Engineer Application”:
- Your resume
- A link to your github [optional]
- A link to your LinkedIn [optional]
- Any live work you wanna show off, like an app you worked on or a portfolio [optional]