📍 Archie HQ in Williamsburg, NY (Remote OK)
🤝 You & Archie, Inc
👋 Hi, I am Yunas
I'm the CEO & Co-Founder of Archie. I am originally from Puerto Rico and previously worked at Facebook and Instagram's Commerce & Payments product team as well as Square's strategy & ops team. I am obsessed with mezcal, dim sum, and Monocle magazine (sometimes together).
💪 Join us as the Founding Product Designer
We're looking for our first product designer to build the infrastructure for the future of work from scratch. You are a design wizard with 6+ years of experience shipping products in a high-growth environment (startup or high-growth tech co). You have great taste in design, experience using contemporary design tools (e.g. Figma), and are comfortable working on projects to explore future product features while keeping an eye on the day-to-day design needs. You have an ownership mindset and are comfortable giving/receiving peer feedback.
✍️ You will
- Deeply analyze customers and business problems to identify pain points
- Work directly with engineering, ops, clients, creatives and our founders to develop unique experiences
- Sometimes work on a broad, loosely defined concept that needs tons of exploration, and other times provide more concrete tactical flows
- Build upon our design system and integrate within our platform
- Work across multiple experiences to solve user problems with differing needs
- Take full cycle ownership of your work from ideation to release
- Be the first design hire with the potential to build a team and manage external resources to achieve Archie's design goals
📝 What we want to see
- 6+ years of experience in end to end product design for web and mobile that illustrates complex problem solving ability, comprehension of fundamental development frameworks, and design skills; specifically, ideation sketches, flow maps, wireframes, web and/or mobile app product designs, visual design projects or website builds
- Attention to detail and an eye for great user experiences including proven knowledge and practice in both UX and UI (e.g. layout, typography, and visual hierarchy)
- The ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make clear decisions without enough information
- Comfortable delivering and receiving regular peer feedback
- Be passionate about design and its craft
- Be comfortable being embedded into a development team from ideation to design QA with light touch from the product manager
- Ownership mindset — you own projects end to end and work collaboratively to ship high quality experiences
- Bonus points: Previous startup + entrepreneurial experience
🏖️ Compensation & Benefits
- We want you to feel like an owner of Archie and that will be reflected in your salary and equity
- The best equipment you need to work
- Flexible vacation and work hours
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- You'll be part of the founding team
- Great colleagues: we value a culture of authenticity, humility, and excellence. Surprise Gift Pack 👻👻👻
🎯 How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- We always appreciate including your portfolio of work; bonus points for including an actual Figma file!
- Please include which song best represents you!